The other day I found myself in a waiting room flipping through a Cosmo magazine. Naturally the first thing I did was scan the front cover. Two headlines caught my attention: 1) “His Secret Marriage Checklist” and 2) “When He Shouldn’t See You Naked.”
I flipped to the appropriate pages and couldn’t find the articles. Maybe I misread the page numbers? I double checked. They were correct, so I went back and looked a bit harder. Nothing! So I picked up Redbook. They didn’t have the same issue and I read it cover to cover.
What’s the Connection Between Cosmo and Google AdWords Optimization?
The connection is that you don’t want to have this happen with your properly managed pay per click campaign. You need the right keywords triggering appropriate headlines (aka AdWords Ads) that lead to directly relevant landing pages. If you cannot align your ads and landing pages, then frustrated potential clients will bounce, leaving your web site to search for the content they wanted. In addition, Google AdWords will punish you with lower Quality Scores, higher Cost Per Click, and lower Placement of your ads. All of these negatives are the sign of a poorly managed pay per click advertising campaign.
Not to Fret. It’s Always Darkest Before the Light
Assuming you have not gone down the path of optimizing your ppc campaign before, I will let you in on a little secret. This is where your ppc management skills must rise from the darkness. You are about to do the work that is going to make all the difference in your ppc performance and propel your ppc campaign forward into the light. To begin this journey start by aligning your keywords, ads, and landing pages to produce more clients from your paid search efforts.
How To Align Keywords, Ads, and Landing Pages for More Clients
Keep it simple. If you are a bankruptcy attorney (keyword), your ads will do well with this keyword in the headline and ad content that is relevant to someone searching for this service, then make sure your landing page content uses the appropriate keywords and directly provides the information advertised. Doing this increases your probability that the person searching for a bankruptcy attorney is now reading your relevant landing page and persuasive copywriting. In addition, you have now optimized your website for natural search. You are on your way to more clients for less cost!
In 2004 I started using Google AdWords and pay per click advertising to turn a solo practice into a law firm of 18 employees that produced over $1 million in gross revenue a year. I then founded pay per click management company, EverSignal, to help private practices, service businesses, and professional services firms do the same. Please feel free to leave your comments or ask questions using the form below.
Find Articles By Category
Like EverSignal on Facebook
- IRS Form 1099-A and 1099-C After Bankruptcy, What Do I Do? bit.ly/xjbVWj 1 year ago
- What's an Entrepreneur? The Best Answer Ever inc.com/eric-schurenbe… via @IncMagazine 1 year ago
- Download Now: An Introduction to Lead Nurturing hubspot.com/free-ebook-an-… via @hubspot 1 year ago
- Pay Per Click Management for Attorneys-Level the Field. Don't let your law practices be Walmarted out of existence. bit.ly/smBn9F 1 year ago
- Inside AdWords: Get closer to your customers with Google+ adwords.blogspot.com/2011/11/get-cl… 1 year ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.
Read Articles By EverSignal
- Pay Per Click Management for Attorneys – Level the Field
- Lessons from Cosmo: Retain More Clients by Optimizing Keywords, Ads, and Landing Pages
- Spend Money Acquiring New Clients Not Smarter Clients
- Funnel More Clients to Your Business With Adwords
- Why Double My AdWords Budget Doesn’t Double My Clients